Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from the North

Rollageyder

Greetings all,

I’ve been a causal stargazer for thirty odds years but nothing serious, until now. Over the past few months I’ve taken to viewing the night sky through an old pair of binoculars I use for birdwatching and have started to read various books on astronomy. I’m lucky enough to live at dark site so viewing from my garden is possible most of the year.

I’ve become quite serious about this hobby and have been studying the sun, moon, stars, planets, comets, galaxies, and other non-Earthly bodies. I’m still very much in the early stages of learning about astronomy and its associated topics although I’m making steady progress.

Thanks to this forum, I have, after ploughing through many posts decided to buy my first telescope and mount.

With the idea of getting into astrophotography at some point I’ve chosen to buy a Skywatcher Explorer 200P-DS OTA, Skywatcher NEQ6 PRO Synscan and Tracer 12v 14Ah Lithium Battery Pack.

I’ll purchase other accessories as and when I understand what I need including an astronomy camera. I’ve opted to start with a reflector telescope but will be adding a refractor at some pint in the future.

No doubt, I’ll have many questions as I progress but I also hope to be able to answer a few as time goes by.

All the best.

And a 'Hello!' to you and a warm welcome to SGL! It's nice to have you aboard!

Sounds as though you've down the fieldwork to know how this forum(s) works, so be at ease with asking all the questions you're bound to have, and answering those you can.

Starry Skies!

Dave

15 hours ago, Dave In Vermont said:

Sounds as though you've down the fieldwork to know how this forum(s) works, so be at ease with asking all the questions you're bound to have, and answering those you can.

I found during my research that this forum was the friendliest, most informative and helpful on the web for budding astronomers.

On ‎23‎.‎05‎.‎2017 at 18:03, Floater said:

p.s From even farther 'north', I suspect ...

8 hours ago, Rollageyder said:

You are indeed further North than I am.

Ahem...  59,2N  :wink2:

Welcome from land down under

U will have a lot of fun with your purchase

When comes to imaging get a T-ring to mount your camera on your scope

Started out with a 10" collapsible dob, and now also have an Skywatcher ED80 on an EQ5 mount

When comes to imaging, it is the software application that you need to process your images, and some can be very expensive

John

13 hours ago, cletrac1922 said:

Welcome from land down under

U will have a lot of fun with your purchase

When comes to imaging get a T-ring to mount your camera on your scope

Started out with a 10" collapsible dob, and now also have an Skywatcher ED80 on an EQ5 mount

When comes to imaging, it is the software application that you need to process your images, and some can be very expensive

John

Thanks. I'll probably be asking a lot of questions about astrophotography once I'm competent with setting up my scope and mount for genreal observing.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived