Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A Question for the MODERATORS

Unfortunately SGL didnt organise a SP this year for the FORUM and i was wondering that after the success of the STARPARTIES i have arranged over the past year and the recent one this weekend just gone, whether or not SGL would kindly let me arrange them on behalf of SGL???

I have found a new site in Salisbury which is a lot bigger than the one at summerlands which some of the admin/moderators attended last year and i was also planning to hold one in the peak district to allow those from scotland and the north to be able to attend too!

Many thanks for listening

Darren :)

I'd like to say that I think Darren did a great job of organising this Star Party and will continue to do so in the future.

From phone calls before the event to check that we had directions and were aware of the facilities and local amenities, to liaising with the site owners, and even a phone call on Sunday evening to make sure we had arrived home safely.

I'd also like to say 'well done' again Darren.

Ian

• 2 weeks later...

I will echo these sentiments Daren & Bernie did an excellent job of the Salisbury function .They even managed to successfully negotiate with the camp site owners to switch off their security light which for a while was in doubt and was causing us great problems as it lit up the entire campsite . Also the new site they have come up with for next year looks superb regards Pete

Thanks for all the nice comments and encouragement guys, but unfortunately SGL decided that they had enough experience and help in this area, and therefore declined my offer!

But... not all is lost! I shall endeavour to keep up this SP organising and keep it growing each year (even with the new baby thats due any time soon)! And hope that it compliments SGL!! :hello1: :hello1:

This even proves thats its getting bigger! Just take a look and add your name!

http://stargazerslounge.com/index.php/topic,30856.50.html

Thanks

Darren :D

Thanks for all the nice comments and encouragement guys, but unfortunately SGL decided that they had enough experience and help in this area, and therefore declined my offer!

Ooooh, does that mean something will get organised after all?????

I'd love to be able to book up for next year, but cant plan that far ahead, but i'll keep an eye on that one.

TJ

I shall endeavour to keep up this SP organising and keep it growing each year (even with the new baby thats due any time soon)! And hope that it compliments SGL!! :hello1: :hello1:

Darren, I have spoken with a number of those who attended the last Salisbury star-party and they all say they enjoyed it. I remember attending the first one you arranged Darren, it was fun, and I hope to be able to attend your next.

Don't be disheartened that ADMIN feel they have enough members working on next years official SGL star party, I guess they just don't want too many chefs in the kitchen. Also, don't assume that no announcement means no progress. I know they have big plans for SGL's 09 star party and are working hard in the background. It'll be great to have both events to choose from next year :D

Darren, I have spoken with a number of those who attended the last Salisbury star-party and they all say they enjoyed it. I remember attending the first one you arranged Darren, it was fun, and I hope to be able to attend your next.

Im real glad they enjoyed themselves! It makes me happy seeing others around me happy!

I hope you can make the next one steve! Its not that you bring all your goodies with you (although that is a bonus) its that no matter who you are or where your from were all on one level and there for the same thing!

With regards to ADMIN declining my offer, im not disheartened or disappointed!

Just thought that with the growth and popularity they might have wanted to put their name to it for publicity (although im sure they have enough of that)!

But...................... there looks like this might be advertised on a website or two, so here's to the next big SP

Thanks steve and hope to see you again soon

Cheers

Darren :D

Archived