Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter 21.05.2017

The Jetstream was well out the way unfortunately lots of high haze and sporadic cloud spoilt the Sunday night "planetary party" Some nice detail despite the continuing weather problems! It was strting to look a bit worse as it approached midnight, so I cut and run to bed to save myself for another night!

C9.25/Asi120mm, 7.5mins RGB (2.5mins per channel) stacked in A/S2, derotated in Winjupos.

I have been getting darker images and I have finally realised what was causing it. I had the normalize stack checked in A/S2, these images were with it unchecked and they were much better. I think I am going to have to revisit the April 23rd data again.

59232b7fd418e_2017-05-21-2205_6-PeterPresland-RGB.png.b86eca300d539f50cf5273d776484ce0.png

4 minutes ago, Barv said:

Well done Pete for the conditions. I did one run then packed up. 

Annoying isn't it, the sessions are so far apart at times I feel compelled to give it a go. It makes sense to save yourself In hope of better conditions in the near future.

Archived