Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Helios Lightquest Owners. Help Please.

I am still window shopping for big binoculars.

I now have the impression that the Helios Lightquest range of binoculars have superseded  the Helios Apollo range.

The Apollo s  are advertised as having  a 1 1/4"  thread to attach filters in the eyepieces.

There is no such mention of there being threads on the eyepieces  for the  Helios Lightquest  binoculars.

Has this facility been forgotten about in the adverts. or has it been left off the binoculars altogether?

Charic   and BinocularSky 

Thanks all for the fast responses.

I prefer to balance my varifocal specs on the top of my head ,and look through my scope and binoculars with naked eyes.     So the filter holders would not have upset me.

I have just been playing with some old photography coloured filters from the days of film cameras.   They fit in the rubber tubular eyecups of my existing bins.

I cut a flat doughnut/washer shape in some plastazote foam, and pushed the foam doughnut down the eyecup on top of the glass filter and  it stayed in place quite securely.  

Thanks again.So I should be able to sort things out .

Archived