Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC 1318 Butterfly Nebula Wip

Allinthehead

Hi everyone.

This is 2 hrs and 40 minutes in 30 second subs. Gain 399, offset 50.

Star 71 

Asi1600mm

I'd like some advice on the orientation of this image, and any other critique/suggestions as this is a work in progress. I'm thinking of adding 2 hrs of each rgb and another 2 hrs of ha. I'm open to suggestions.

Richard.

5922de11bb20e_Buttercopy6.thumb.jpg.240601fda6ddcafddb1f0681a026f567.jpg

5922de9904494_Buttercopy6.thumb.jpg.356b1d596e9b7e39359f51f7738b764d.jpg

5922deb88c264_Buttercopy6.thumb.jpg.4acf1d3c56862a05f20581780a4bd8fb.jpg

The first frame is the nicest to my eye but that is all it is - to MY eye! For some reason, I really don't like the second one but the third one is close to the first for me!

As for the image detail, for me it is too black, a little raise in curves to brighten the background would (to me) make it more realistic and release a load more detail as well.

Nicely captured data though, the gear is working well for you and apart from being bolder with the brightness, your processing looks great.

1 hour ago, steppenwolf said:

The first frame is the nicest to my eye but that is all it is - to MY eye! For some reason, I really don't like the second one but the third one is close to the first for me!

As for the image detail, for me it is too black, a little raise in curves to brighten the background would (to me) make it more realistic and release a load more detail as well.

Nicely captured data though, the gear is working well for you and apart from being bolder with the brightness, your processing looks great.

Yes at least on my monitor that looks a tad dark but the detail is present so that should be a easy fix. Good stuff. 

5 hours ago, toxic said:

very nice indeed :thumbright:

Thanks Chris

5 hours ago, steppenwolf said:

The first frame is the nicest to my eye but that is all it is - to MY eye

Thanks, i was leaning towards the first too. That's actually how i framed it during capture. 

4 hours ago, Adam J said:

Yes at least on my monitor that looks a tad dark but the detail is present so that should be a easy fix. Good stuff.

Thanks Adam. 

7 hours ago, PatrickGilliland said:

Nice work Richard - these CMOS thingies certainly are looking good.  V3 for me but my eyes attached to my head and that's a funny old place.  It does look more like a butterfly with this orientation.

Thanks Paddy. As already mentioned it's a tad dark. Obvious when pointed out.

Archived