Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Professor Brian Cox Live Manchester surprise!!!

Richard Hather

I finished work yesterday and got a lovely surprise of my beautiful wife.
Going and seeing Professor Brian Cox live, which was really interesting and so much fun but the surprise was the best bit ?
I should have clicked on but me being me we drove to the tram station I got ready and only realised when she passed me the ticket haha ? 
Best wife in the known universe ?

IMG_6056.JPG

IMG_6057.JPG

IMG_6058.JPG

IMG_6059.JPG

What a lovely surprise. I went to his show in Glasgow on Friday night and enjoyed it. What struck me most was the number of young children in the audience. Events like this must be good for the future of our hobby and science in general.

25 minutes ago, laudropb said:

What a lovely surprise. I went to his show in Glasgow on Friday night and enjoyed it. What struck me most was the number of young children in the audience. Events like this must be good for the future of our hobby and science in general.

We also commented on that, I believe a lot of what he said will stick with them as well so hopefully our children can learn from our mistakes.

As for the future of our hobby and science I think it's never been so popular and mainstream the future is bright ?

Hi Adam, if you've ever seen any of his tv series it was a lot like that.

He talked about the cutting edge theories about cern mainly to do with the Big Bang and what could have been before.

He also had a guest Robin Ince he really knew his stuff and was very funny with how he got his points across.

The stage was set out well a big screen behind him showing galaxies and the universes timeline and how inflation could play out.

He also touched upon multi dimensions and multiverses as well which was very interesting.

Honestly the 2 hours flew by it was great ?

2 minutes ago, Richard Hather said:

Hi Adam, if you've ever seen any of his tv series it was a lot like that.

He talked about the cutting edge theories about cern mainly to do with the Big Bang and what could have been before.

He also had a guest Robin Ince he really knew his stuff and was very funny with how he got his points across.

The stage was set out well a big screen behind him showing galaxies and the universes timeline and how inflation could play out.

He also touched upon multi dimensions and multiverses as well which was very interesting.

Honestly the 2 hours flew by it was great ?

I cant wait in that case!  Mind ready to be blown :D

Yes I saw the show in Birmingham and loved every second of it.  It's a great gift, your Wife must like you a lot (or Brian Cox).

As you say he makes things very easy to understand.  Even what you may consider complex formulas, when presented by him in the manner he does, all of a sudden make perfect sense.

I'd recommend it to anyone, and good for you that it came as a surprise, I can imagine it really was a lovely one.

13 hours ago, RayD said:

Yes I saw the show in Birmingham and loved every second of it.  It's a great gift, your Wife must like you a lot (or Brian Cox).

As you say he makes things very easy to understand.  Even what you may consider complex formulas, when presented by him in the manner he does, all of a sudden make perfect sense.

I'd recommend it to anyone, and good for you that it came as a surprise, I can imagine it really was a lovely one.

I couldn't believe it when she said we're going and as you said every second was enjoyable and with the comedy relief of Robin ince it was a great partnership.

9 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

Great show last night, with a dedication at the beginning to all those affected by the trouble in Manchester. You could tell he was affected by it. 

Considering the show was the night before the terrorist attack happened I'm not surprised he was affected by it being from Manchester as well it's a sad world we live in.

But I still have hope and with kindness compassion and with the good of science and progress we can get through as one.

Saw Brian Cox last night at Wembly Arena, a very interesting and emotional evening. As others have said, great to see so many children who all behaved impeccably. The security staff done a fantastic job of making sure we were all safe and everyone stood for a minutes silence at 21.59 in honour of Manchester's victims. Nearly 10,000 people standing in total silence, not a cough, sneeze or voice to be heard, truly a moment I will remember forever.

I've slept in the same bed as Brian Cox...but not at the same time. :wink2: 

He used to work with my friend's son and he stopped over at her house (years before I did!). Apparently, he had long hair then and was very sweet-natured. When I asked her son Julian about Brian Cox, he said that he wasn't the brightest lad out of the bunch, simply because all the cleverest particle physicists had got out of physics and made a mint in investment banking.

Hmmm...I know what I'd rather be doing! :icon_biggrin:

Archived