Narrowband

Well chuffed.....! Comet, SN and more...

Morning /Afternoon  everyone.  The forecast last night was 50/50.    Showers trailing a web of high cloud over the Penines, not very hopeful....but no, it was a fine sunset and some good clear skies were there for the taking.

In a nutshell,  I was after the comet and the supernova,   managed to bag the North American nebula as well....... oh yes, the Summer triangle is with us again..... at 2:30  am in the morning!!

These are taken with an Orion optics 150mm F4 Newtonian.

Better get some sleep.....  did I mention I got some Jupiter footage as well..... !!

59218274d1733_Supernova150mmf4.jpg.1a8f1f2c968821e1ebfef74e74c37ab8.jpg

Comet Johnson   13 frames 2 .jpg

NGC7000.jpg

IMG_5248.JPG

The last one signifies...... time to call it a night......

All the best,  Sean.

You know what Dave,  sometimes the prospect of a few clear Moonless nights  ahead is ...well.... a little intimidating......  so much to image !!..... so what time does Saturn poke it's head around my neighbours tree ??  

37 minutes ago, Craney said:

You know what Dave,  sometimes the prospect of a few clear Moonless nights  ahead is ...well.... a little intimidating......  so much to image !!..... so what time does Saturn poke it's head around my neighbours tree ??  

I've no hope of seeing Saturn from my garden this year it's behind trees, nice photo opportunity early tomorrow morning for Moon and Venus.

Dave

Beautiful Sean!

Yep, New Moon here tonight, and clouds expected.

It's enough to [removed word]-off the Pope. :clouds1:

Last night was promising, so I started a sequence. When I came back to the computer PHD2 was red screening.

Went out and had orange skies... sigh! (Light pollution and low clouds)

Archived