Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Tara Regio, a tenuous spot in Europe!

astroavani

6e5ea9d13cbe77f11e269e269c6baec7.1824x0_
Despite the deficient seeing, for the first time I got an acceptable result with the Galilean Europe.
Europe is very bright, which makes it difficult to control your histogram. If you have too much light or too little light, you can not get any detail, in the first case it is overexposed and in the second it is too dark to highlight any region.
I believe that this time I was lucky, because in addition to leaving reasonably circular, which does not always happen, I still managed to capture a dark region that struck right with Tara Regio, which can be seen in the image obtained through the Virtual Planet Atlas software to Same date as the photo.
Http://www.astrobin.com/full/296300/0/?nc=

Incredible image. Your photos are what inspired me to have a go with my little 127 Mak at Io. Sadly a scope such as yours is simply out of bounds for me for the foreseeable future. 

I didn't even know it was possible to achieve such an image with amateur equipment or even Hubble, I thought we needed a craft "up there" to obtain these sort of results. 

Amazing.

Carole 

Well ..... easy is not! Most people have no idea what it's like to pick up a point of less than 1 second of arc jumping all over and still hit the right lighting.
Nowadays with the sensitivity of the current cameras astrophotography on the ground by "amateurs" has reached a new level Carole.
I have already made many interesting photos of the Galilean moons, this was not the first, here you can check another good result: http://www.astrobin.com/287338/?nc=user

Archived