Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

Pete Presland

Quick AM session before the clouds/rain! 20.05.2017

Not a promising forecast today, so when I woke and saw the bluish skies it was "up and out there pronto!" Lots of high haze made for some interesting phenomena other the imaging with the webcam (see photo)

A quick 12 pane mosaic and close up is all the clouds allowed! Certainly not the best image I have ever done, but its was nice to get something and its definitely not the worst image I have posted :icon_biggrin:

The usual set up Lunt 50mm d/s and DMK21au618 + X2.5 Powermate. A quick camera phone captures as well.

Lots of cloud and rain since!

592048bd66af4_2017_05_2008.3712panemosaic.thumb.jpg.55a7bdfde9316c24a0c5e36a0dc7a159.jpg

592048ccaa3c7_2017_05_2008.37AR2656.jpg.7689fb59ed4b7b5381dea508c6a19f37.jpg

592048d280392_2017_05_2008.3622degreearc.thumb.jpg.f099e05980d9b72d44f02ce9ef42e358.jpg

• Like 7

great mosaic Pete, ive the darn clouds today, tomorrow looks promising. thanks, charl.

• Like 1

Very nice given the conditions Pete. I had clear skies for a bit longer, with not so much haze but later on it started raining heavily.

Great to have seen something though. The filament was very clear visually.

• Like 1

Well done Pete, spent all morning rolling roof of and on again as skies went from blue to black constantly, only managed a quick visual, given up now.

Dave

• Like 1

I managed some visual about 10am before I got distracted servicing my MTB crankset and pedals before the rain came.  That filament was impressive through the Lunt 60.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Owmuchonomy said:

I managed some visual about 10am before I got distracted servicing my MTB crankset and pedals before the rain came.  That filament was impressive through the Lunt 60.

Nice photo collection

• Like 2

Great run pic as usual. Like the scope pic thrown in there. Looks fun.

• Like 1