Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Aperture fever or common sense???

Richard Hather

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, faulksy said:

nice matey, laughed at your "t" shirt didn't see the name professor Bryan ,only the other words :happy11:

Nearly spat my morning coffee out all over my laptop! :icon_biggrin:

10 minutes ago, Richard Hather said:

Cheers everyone hoping to get First Light on Saturday praying to the gods ?

Fingers crossed for you. It'll amaze and delight you vis the 6"

Susie and I got 3 straight nights including the night we picked the 14" up last week... Unheard of. Mind, we're clouded in now for a while I think :rolleyes2:

At least you got some good nights to test it out.

If I don't get Saturday it's gunna be at least another week because we go on holiday next week.

But if it doesn't happen I'm not to fussed I'm just glad I'm in the possession of the scope I wanted ?

First day off from work since getting the new scope and  I thought I would do a trial setup knowing the clouds were about.

Setup was very straightforward aligning both primary and secondary mirrors and the finderscope was done in probably a quicker time then my C6 took to get properly aligned ?

I was about to pack away happy with how everything seemed in excellent working order when the cloud parted and the moon made an appearance ?

Lovely crisp detail on the terminator and the craters were many and very prominent.

The kids next door even asked if they could have a look which I gladly let them do they probably enjoyed the view more then I did.

A quick look at stellarium told me Jupiter should be up but I could see heavy cloud rolling.

I spotted it directly south and had barely 10 mins observation but I could make out Lo and europa in close proximity and granymede to the right.

I could also make out pretty good detail on the planet itself both main bands very prominent and the wife even said it's the best she's seen Jupiter.

Packing up took only 9 mins which again is a lot easier then my last scope ?

Not a first light in my book no DSOs to go at but as a test session and to work out how the logistics of the scope would work for me I couldn't be happier ?

Heres a few pics to accompany the session ?

IMG_6090.JPG

IMG_6091.JPG

IMG_6092.JPG

Archived