SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Just a quick hello

wetwalker

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I would expand on the quick hello with a list of present equipment.

C8 XLT

Advanced GT 

Starsense

Skyportal WiFi.

Etc etc etc

I recently purchased a sky prodigy 70 secondhand for the purpose of building my Canon 750d on to the mount for a bit of camera work whilst I'm in Scotland,.. my place is completely off grid and I need some lite portable equipment I didn't mind damaging if I get it completely wrong.

I was a professional arborist but also have an interest in Radio communications(Radio Ham for 30yrs)I've got a little more time on my hands now so I've decided Im going take more interest in being a very amatuer astronomer when I can see the stars.

I've been amazed at the quality of the pictures on here and the subjects covered. I don't have a lot to add in terms of technical ability but I do enjoy seeing where my mind and imagination takes me.

Ian

Welcome Ian, 

Quite new to astrophotography myself (about 6 months) and also live in North West - up in Lancaster. 

Im sure you will find all the hints and tips you need here - this forum has been a bit of a lifeline to me when it comes to FAQ's and helpful people. It's quite marvellous. 

Happy stargazing,

Tony

Welcome Ian from land down under

10" dob and ED80 on EQ5 mount

I also did 27 years Signal Corp Australian Defence Force, as a radio and telegraph tech. But rusty on my morse theses days

Archived