Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Welcome to Stargazers Lounge

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customise your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp.jpg

rotatux

America and Pelican nebula

1 post in this topic

Second contribution, less easy. At first was a lens test, but it turns it came so well I feel it can contribute to the challenge.

591f509171828_20170516americapelican.thumb.jpeg.bf874c801cc054abcd1f61b817b8e456.jpeg

Gear: Olympus E-PL6 with OM-Zuiko 200mm/4 at F/4 on Celestron Nexstar SLT
Capture: 29 lights (/100% keep) x 30s x 3200iso, 10 darks
Processing: Regim 3.3, Fotoxx 12.01+
Sky: good seing, SQM=21.4

2 people like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By rotatux
      America and Pelican nebulas, taken as a single FoV
      Gear: Olympus E-PL6 with OM-Zuiko 200mm/4 at F/4 on Celestron Nexstar SLT
      Capture: 29 lights (/100% keep) x 30s x 3200iso, 10 darks
      Processing: Regim 3.3, Fotoxx 12.01+
      Site: Deep country 26km from Limoges, France
      Sky: good seing, SQM=21.4
    • By rotatux
      Deneb and NGC7000 "America" nebula.
      Capture: 12 x 30s x 1250iso, 5 darks, Olympus E-PM1 with Helios "44M-6" 58mm/2 at 2.8 on Omegon EQ-300 tracking RA, neodymium filter.
      Date: 2016-07-24
      Place: near country 50km from Paris, France
    • By alan4908
      A reprocessed image of NGC7000 - my original process is also within this album. The main difference is that I started processing by applying Pixinsight DBE, background neutralization and colour calibration functions to eliminate the light pollution gradient gradient.  To try to minimise the effect of bloated stars I used Pixinsight's masked stretch. Various other operations where processed in CCDstack and PS.  My main learning from this is the importance of removing light pollution gradients prior to stretching, if you don't, then obtaining a colour balance and star colours can be more difficult, particularly when you have stars embedded within nebulosity.  
    • By alan4908
      Approximately one year ago I posted my first attempt at NGC7000 which was taken with my OSC camera.  Having recently added Pixinsight to my software tools collection, I  was interested to see how a reprocess would look.
      I choose this image since I'd previously found it very difficult to remove the light pollution gradient and control star bloat.
      The reprocessed image uses a combination of Pixinsights DBE, background neutralization, colour calibration and linear fit functions to eliminate the light pollution gradients and obtain colour balance. To reduce the impact of bloated stars I used the Pixinsight masked stretch before transferring it into PS.   Whilst I don't believe the image will win any awards, it clearly demonstrates to me the importance of removing light pollution gradients prior to image stretching. 
      Original result (Sept 2015) - processed in MaximDL/Photoshop

Reprocess - processed in Pixinsight/CCDstack/Photoshop

LIGHTS: 20 x 600s, DARKS: 40; FLATS: 20; BIAS: 100.
      Alan
    • By Aenima
      A h-alpha shot of the Wall section of NGC7000 aka north america nebula.

ED80 - ATK16HR - Ha clip filter - EQ6 - finderguider 9x50mm 

PhD2 - photoshop - DSS.