SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Is Anyone Using a Mini PC for Imaging Control and Capture?

Andyb90

7 hours ago, iapa said:

I got one of these which came with Win 10 Pro preinstalled.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Desktop-PCs/Bben-Windows-Officially-Licenced-Multimedia-Computer-Bluetooth/B01M61HVJC/ref=pd_sbs_147_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=PAAMG5NBB19AB2YMXV3S

When I purchased two more, they just had Win 10 Home installed. I've been discussing with the vendor and they advised that they have had reports of issues with audio under Win10 Pro - have to say I've not had any problems with audio under 10 Pro on any of the three. I upgraded to Pro myself - there are OEM Pro upgrade licenses avail on Amazon I think.

Thing is, you need do Pro version to get RDP unless you use some other way to getting remote access.

I have use the stick with Polemaster connected via USB hub and RDP connection from iPad to get control and it was OK using pole master, just need to be a little less aggressive when making adjustments as I was suffering a small lag in refresh of the screen. Also tried successfully with a laptop, Surface tablet and even iPhone 7 plus.

Mine is the lesser version and has Windows 10 home version. So no RDP. I now have my 3 computers running Windows 10 HV. Happy to finally have them all on the same 'page'.

But I've been using Tight Vnc as my remote hook up via my router anyway with my laptop when it sat out and ran my mount. Sound to me is a distraction. I don't care for my computers talking unless I want them to.

The transition was smooth enough, once my 12 year old router smoked and the wife's Ipad required I replace the router to work. (Funny how some things take priority)

With the dual band router, my stick has the entire 5 GHz band to itself. :evil4: (Because everything else is too old...)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived