Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Meade lx200gps RA gear "play"

assouptro

Hi all

I am aware my 12" lx200gps has a certain amount of play in the RA drive, I can jiggle it without too much effort.

it tracks pretty good, I upgraded the gears a couple of years back to "bucks gears"

I never really noticed the play before, but was aware that the scope was picking up the lightest breeze, being in the nw of the uk that's a problem! 

I am including a vid of the "play" can anyone tell me is this normal or should it be tighter? 

Oh! And just to add, it's not an acf as the video may lead you to believe, it went back to telescope house a few years back for repair, they ended up swapping the base as the wiring loom was badly twisted and damaged! 

Thanks 

Bryan

IMG_0752.MOV

1 minute ago, Davey-T said:

Looks the same as mine, all you're doing is lifting the worm drive in the worm wheel against the spring holding it in position.

Dave

I thought as much, I didn't really want to pull it to pieces and have to drift align again only to discover I couldn't improve it.

thanks for the reply Dave 

Archived