Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Markarians Chain

Yeah, great shot. I had a go at this yesterday. I found that ISO 1600 on my 700d over exposes the cores of the brighter galaxies.  Not sure if you've gonna continue with this but it would be interesting to see if shorter and/or say ISO 800 made any difference. Thanks for posting... You got me thinking...

15 hours ago, alacant said:

Yeah, great shot. I had a go at this yesterday. I found that ISO 1600 on my 700d over exposes the cores of the brighter galaxies.  Not sure if you've gonna continue with this but it would be interesting to see if shorter and/or say ISO 800 made any difference. Thanks for posting... You got me thinking...

I haven't seen your shot but do you think mine is over exposed too? It's the first time I have attempted it so I have no idea what it's supposed to look like. Also it's the first time I've used a autoguider so I did the exposures at 420. Yes I can do another evening as I only got 42 minutes worth of exposures. I don't usually go to 800 as it is more noisy on mine and I have a block of flats in 1600! I think mine needs a lot more exposures to get the data. 

Hi. It's this shot. I found that with too long an exposure, the galaxies burn out. Not so much the ISO, I was suggesting that if you wanted to continue then you could do some frames at half the exposure and layer them. Then you'd keep the galaxy detail and OTC, with such little data, it's a wonderful shot. Good luck.

Archived