Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

APO telescope .... which one?

I didn't get any recent posts here, so now i have to ask one more time or last time

If you have the money not that so much high but more than enough to get one great triplet scope, what will you get?

I am still thinking about that Esprit 80ED, i think i can afford it if i need to, i thought i will get it very expensive over $1500, but i really did find it somewhere else for less than $1500 which is possible for me, is it worthy, or i just go with any triplet APO cheaper and not necessary F5? i can't tell in the future when i may need that F5 or may not, or how handy it is, but i always here the saying "You get what you pay for", so to get what i want, so i pay for it high enough?

July is the month i have to decide my plan of purchase, i can afford anywhere between $600 and $1500, i was planning to go with 200PDS or 130PDS for visual things with imaging, but i think i really want to finish the imaging part and big investment so later in the future i can go for cheaper things easily, so PDS and Mak can wait a bit longer, i may get better idea for visual later, but for imaging i think ED80 triplet is the only answer for me right now.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading this thread it looks like you've had plenty of suggestions already....... 

With your budget I'd go for a Skywatcher Esprit 80 and buy it from a reputable dealer so that you can return it if there are issues with it. 

8 hours ago, swag72 said:

Reading this thread it looks like you've had plenty of suggestions already....... 

With your budget I'd go for a Skywatcher Esprit 80 and buy it from a reputable dealer so that you can return it if there are issues with it. 

I only use reputable dealers to buy from anyway even if i buy very cheap small item, so i don't worry about that dealer rate, and most likely those scopes are hard to be defective, so i will pray that i get the excellent one right first purchase.

Ok, so another vote for Esprit 80

Archived