SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello from sunny ( !!! ) Glasgow

Albireo380

I am a new member from rainy, cloudy Glasgow. It seems to be clear only about one night in ten, but recently the weather has improved and I am even getting some basic imaging done. Long may it continue.

I use 3 viewing sites, one near Loch Lomond (too close to Glasgow for dark skies), one 45 miles to the south of Glasgow (darker skies, but a higher horizon to the north and east) and a very dark site about half way from Glasgow to the Border - this one lets me do 1 min exposures with no light pollution. I have an LX90, a Canon 350DSLR and 11x80 Helios binoculars. I will see if any of the images seem good enough to post.

Dark skies,

Tom

Thanks for the warm welcome. Just one problem - I stuck my head above the parapet about getting interested in imaging - now it can get shot off. Hmm......... Okay, here is one of my "beginners attempts" - let me know what you think - constructive criticism can only be helpful. OOPs - file was too large and wouldn't go :shock: I guess I will need to see how to post this.

Cheers

Tom

Okay - here goes. Reduced the size of the image file - so it should go. WARNING - BEGINNERS ATTEM PT - DO NOT TAKE SERIOUSLY. The image of M42 was taken at prime focus on my LX90, using a Canon 350DSLR, with an 87 sec exposure time. It is really pushing the LX90 drive to its limits - at least, I think it is ??? Some sign of star trailing, but perhaps okay for starters.

Tom

Hi Tom

I like Glasgow its a great place to visit I think But like you say its not a place for looking up at the stars

Them images are very good I must say the first one you posted was amazing for a first attempt I too have only just started astropic taking and it feels fantastic to get a good result

keep it up mate

Archived