Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_rgb.jpg.9467c4d39b22ba8239e1b5ad252fcee2.jpg

FLO

Celestron C6N OTA only £99!

FLO    3,989

We like finding and offering bargains so we are especially pleased at having found this one :biggrin:

Celestron C6N Newtonian OTA only £99!

New unopened UK stock with full Celestron two-year warranty :angel:

Essentially the same telescope as the Skywatcher Explorer 150p but with a 1.25" R&P focuser and 20mm Celestron Plossl eyepiece.

A quick Google shows this telescope is typically offered at around £149-£189, so £99 is quite a saving! 

Limited availability... 

celestron_c6n_newtonian_ota.jpg

• Like 5

FLO    3,989
35 minutes ago, Bobby1970 said:

Ordered one this afternoon. :-)

It was dispatched same-day so will be with you tomorrow. 

Thank-you :smile: 

Steve 

• Like 3

nightfisher    6,679

£99 for a 6" F5 newt is a steal, these wont be about for long

• Like 1

Bobby1970    636

I am very much looking forward to trying it out. Always exciting getting a new scope. And at this price even more so. 

Thanks for the speedy despatch Steve. 

barkis    4,226

Just recently bought a  150mm  pds, doh!   I don't. Mind though,  one can't  predict when these bargains will crop up.                                Hell of a good price though. I'm happy with what I got. 

• Like 1

Lockie    3,983
3 hours ago, Bobby1970 said:

I am very much looking forward to trying it out. Always exciting getting a new scope. And at this price even more so. 

Thanks for the speedy despatch Steve. 

If the one I bought last time these were on sale is anything to go by, I'm sure you'll be impressed :) I stupidly sold mine then regretted it, a 150p is just such a versatile scope to have! 

So order placed 'again', and please someone slap me if I sell this one for anything other than a higher spec 150p!

I was really hoping FLO would have another sale on these at some point, so thank you FLO! :icon_salut: 

Edited by Chris Lock
  • Like 1

kiloran    23

Can I achieve prime focus for imaging without modifying the mirror position or focuser? Camera is a ZWO 120MC-S

Lockie    3,983
5 hours ago, kiloran said:

Can I achieve prime focus for imaging without modifying the mirror position or focuser? Camera is a ZWO 120MC-S

Yes indeed, I used the first CN-6 I had with the mono version of that camera with no problem at all, see link below:

Maybe just look at the last lunar shot on the link, my first attempts weren't great, but it gives you the idea anyway :) 

Edited by Lockie
  • Like 1

Lockie    3,983

Cheers FLO, my C6N arrived today, and I'm both looking forward to using it and not selling it ;) 

• Like 1

xtreemchaos    10,299

heres a pic I took in jan with the c6n , 25x 40 sec and 20x25 sec with a unmodded 1200d, the C6-N is a Great imaging scope, I'm not a imager just a guy who likes to take a few pics, so its not perfect. Flo thats a give away price id be having one in a heartbeat if I didn't already have one. charl.

591d741870984_rework7-1-17combirrgb.thumb.png.48686baff3f5fced9aa7bd6178c8cf01.png