Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher Esprit new look/design?

After i returned a new Skywatcher Esprit 80 because of strange diffraction patterns around bright stars i got a different looking new Esprit 80 back. See the attached 2 images, the "old" one has the usual looking logo in red and the "new" one has a logo with green striping above and below the "Esprit 80ED" text/ Another difference is the colour of the ring on the back of the dew shield. The serial number for the "old" one starts with 1509 and for the "new" one with 1606. Does anybody here know about this design change?

I also included images taken with the "old" Esprit 80 showing 10 second exposures of Sirius. Left: with full 80 mm opening. Right: with a 70mm aperture mask.

old-esprit80.jpg

New-Esprit80.jpg

Esprit80-Sirius-with-without-aperture-mask.jpg

18 hours ago, Scott said:

is that because it says skywatcher and not tak/tec ? :D

I don't care about any logo! (It's just struck me that the Mesu doesn't have a logo or name plate at all. Now that's class!)

Olly

Archived