SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Things NOT to do when astrnomising

Swoop1

1 hour ago, johnfosteruk said:

The other day I was imaging sol and when I was done I crouched done to take off the wedge. I put it on the table and stood up, forgetting that the Dec clutch was off! How dare the scope swing around like that.

Result:

IMG_5058.thumb.JPG.2f6fdaaa13a960771ee899fe88de21d8.JPG

No major harm done and it may have even knocked some sense into me as my gramps used to say but it hurt rather at the time. 

Thank you John. It is nice to know that I am not alone in doing daft things involving counterweights:wink:

Fortunately in my case, the under nail bruising didn't develop beyond a bit of discolouring so there was no requirement for the application of power tools or super-heated metals. It was certainly sore for a bit and I still wince occasionally if I catch my finger tip or nail wrong when working.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Swoop1 said:

Thank you John. It is nice to know that I am not alone in doing daft things involving counterweights:wink:

And thank you too, it's nice to know that contrary to what The Present Mrs Foster says I'm useful for something! 

It's ok she's not looking ;)

If you don't fancy the drill or needle method you can scrape away at the nail until you have worked through it.  My GP did that to me once when I got a splinter stuck well under the nail and the only way of getting it out was through a hole in the nail.  I think he used a sterile knife or blade tip as far as I remember.  

Carole 

2 hours ago, carastro said:

If you don't fancy the drill or needle method you can scrape away at the nail until you have worked through it.  My GP did that to me once when I got a splinter stuck well under the nail and the only way of getting it out was through a hole in the nail.  I think he used a sterile knife or blade tip as far as I remember.  

Carole 

Carole,

After reading what I can manage with something as benign as a tripod and EQ mount, are you honestly suggesting I go at myself with a drill, hot needle or <shudder> a blade?

5 hours ago, Swoop1 said:

Carole,

After reading what I can manage with something as benign as a tripod and EQ mount, are you honestly suggesting I go at myself with a drill, hot needle or <shudder> a blade?

Don't worry, we can help you out with that if needed ...:hello2:

8 hours ago, carastro said:

Carole 

Carole,

LOL

Archived