SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Iris Nebula

Allinthehead

Hi everyone.

I made the mistake of trying to capture this under less than ideal conditions ie intermittent cloud and moon glow. Probably need double the rgb too. Under the circumstances i think it turned out ok ish.

9 hrs 60 second luminance subs at unity gain.

3 hrs total 60 second rgb subs at unity gain.

WO Star 71 and ASI 1600mm.

Hope you enjoy.

Richard.

5918baaad0e47_Iris12hr.thumb.png.38de3a221f13f35c4784cbc6ceaf1ff6.png

+1: lovely image.

I think that you can safely turn down the contrast in this image a notch, and still have a great image with lots of dust. Maybe this can help keeping the stars under control. I find star control the most difficult part of processing.

Do you have the cooled or uncooled version of the ASI1600?

1 hour ago, toxic said:

lovely image Richard

Thanks Chris.

24 minutes ago, wimvb said:

I think that you can safely turn down the contrast in this image a notch, and still have a great image with lots of dust. Maybe this can help keeping the stars under control. I find star control the most difficult part of processing.

Do you have the cooled or uncooled version of the ASI1600?

Hi Wim thanks. Ya stars are a problem with me too. I had to really push this data. The rgb is poor enough, i'm in a housing estate surrounded by street lights. More data would probably help as it's only 1 hr for each rgb. I have the cooled version. I appreciate the feedback, here's another quick effort with as suggested. 

5918d5694da4c_Iris12hrcopy.thumb.jpg.4170e547ddf21ac94a764e06955bf0a3.jpg

5 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

I like the star reduced version. Do you have Noels' Actions? There is a good star reduction routine in that.

Very nice and dusty!

Olly

Thanks Olly. Ya i have Noels Actions. I'll have to try again at this when i collect more colour data.

Archived