Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_widefield.jpg.36065d79cb2625eb299137a5b4432c96.jpg

Victor Boesen    288

Recently I made my own website based on astronomy, and I have just posted my 2nd post.

I would really appreciate if you checked it out, and gave me some feedback and maybe even some tips and tricks for making a website.

https://myastronomyjourney.wordpress.com/

• Like 6

laudropb    5,810

Very nice Victor. Good luck as you build up your site.

• Like 1

Victor Boesen    288
Just now, laudropb said:

Very nice Victor. Good luck as you build up your site.

Thank you very much!!

Pondus    586

The layout is excellent indeed. Very tidy.

Hopefully you will add observation reports as Your website develops.

I`Ve bookmarked it, and intend to keep an eye on it.

I got the same book btw :).

Amazingly well done so far! :thumbsup:

Rune

• Like 1

Victor Boesen    288
Just now, Pondus said:

The layout is excellent indeed. Very tidy.

Hopefully you will add observation reports as Your website develops.

I`Ve bookmarked it, and intend to keep an eye on it.

I got the same book btw :).

Amazingly well done so far! :thumbsup:

Rune

Thank you very much! very nice words! And yes I will add observation (when the weather allows me to observe!)

Erla    148

Do keep writing. It was quite interesting to read. I think you are a bright young man. Bump up this thread when you write up your experiences on the blog, it will be interesting to find out how things develop for you.

• Like 1

Victor Boesen    288
Just now, Erla said:

Do keep writing. It was quite interesting to read. I think you are a bright young man. Bump up this thread when you write up your experiences on the blog, it will be interesting to find out how things develop for you.

Thank you very much! I get so happy reading these comments!

andy fearn    25

very well done.interesting site.some sound advice.good luck with all you wish for.:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Pondus    586

You most certainly deserves lots of feedback for Your work and effort from an astronomyforum like this.

I think everybody in here are more than happy to see youngsters like you take such an interest in Astronomy,

and never underestimate Your already great contribution to this forum either.

Rune

• Like 1

popeye85    305

great wee site!! very crisp and professional looking but still has a relaxed fell to it! well done and couldn't agree more about starting a blog and sticking up observing reports.

p.s I must say I am quiet jealous of your kit!!

• Like 1

Victor Boesen    288

Thank you everyone for your nice comments! It means a lot to me!

iPeace    2,456

Nice one, Victor!

:thumbsup:

Victor Boesen    288
50 minutes ago, Grumpy Martian said:

Language a bit iffy on the twitter posts.

I will change that :-)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By kev100
      Well, this happened to me last night. I was packing up at around 11 (a combination of chilly breeze, being a bit tired anyway, and the sky being a bit hazy). I was at a spot (the Cerne Abbas Viewpoint), where, on average, I must have been at least once a month over the past five years, when I saw a car approaching, fast, from the direction of the village. Something about it made be stop getting into my car and watch it, and, as I sort of expected, it swerved quickly off the main road, and swept into the car park, pulling to a stop right behind my car, blocking me in. A police officer got out and immediately a spotlight in the roof was shone in my face!
      The police officer asked me what I was doing, to which I replied 'stargazing', and opened the back door to show her the dob across the back seat. Immediately, the atmosphere changed. She said, 'oh ... would you look at that! See much? See anything nice? This is a good spot, isn't it? Well you can't be too careful, what with this being a secluded spot and all ...' Anyway, she then asked me for my name, and where I lived, and that was it ... she got back in the car and they left!
      I've been left feeling very odd ever since. Clearly they were on a mission, and came right to the car park (it definitely wasn't a case of just passing by and noticing me). Someone definitely called them, having decided I was up to no good!
      Anyway, as I said, it feels odd now, the police having my name and address as a result.
      Kev
    • By Rhushikesh-Canisminor
      Hello!
      So I need little bit help to make my solar outreach events better.
      Usually most of my solarsolevents events have been for schools and little bit for general public  But now I am going more towards college students and arranging events specific for solar observation. (It used to be more like complimentary with night sky observations)
      Since I am not a science student (learning physics by myself only), I don't have exact idea about what topics should I cover in theory. (Also what should I learn as well)
      Usually I take a projected image of the sun using my 90mm refractor and do H-alpha observation using my Lunt 50mm telescope. As for theory, I cover little bit about nuclear fusion, sun as a magnet, little bit about solar spectrum. If time allows then I refer Sun's images like magnetogram and all to have a better idea.
      Any suggestions would be helpful! Because it looks like I am still the only one here taking H-alpha observationsobservation.
      P.s. I will be putting up this question in solarchat as well. But more help will be better!
      Thanks!
      EDIT : currently I am thinking about adding a small radio telescope. Also, looking out for something to make so that I can see the solar spectrum much better.
    • By jadcx
      Hi
      My recently acquired CCD imaging kit is all very lovely, except, I don't want to keep dismantling it in order for the scope to fit back in it's case and stored indoors between sessions.  i thought I'd come up with the perfect solution, but *apparently* leaving it on the dining table isn't a viable option .  So what do you guys do?  Put up with disassembly, make/buy a bigger box, or something way more clever that I haven't yet considered?

Justin
    • By ReZ
      Hey guys
      it is getting really cold and this is the first time I'm using laptop in the field for imaging, so I have no idea how to use the laptop in subzero temperatures.
      Last year when i was checking something in Stellarium, my screen just froze and did not work until i had it warmed. I get that it is Liquid Crystal, and will freeze in subzero temps. So how can i use it in the filed, all night long, without freezing it to death?
      Sorry for bad English
      Regards
    • By deepind
      HI All,
      I have nikon d3200 , is it good for astrophotography? i tried with 18-140mm lens but the shots are too much white not good..do i need to upgrade to d3400 or d5300 or d5600?