SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Jupiter on the 10th- C14

Barv

Hi

Finally had some pretty decent seeing on the night of the 10th here, although it was a little patchy. It gave me the chance to test out the Altair Astro 178 Hypercam. This image was shot at a focal length of just under 10 metres which is pushing things somewhat for 5.6 micron pixels, but I figured the conditions might allow. I am quite pleased with the outcome all things considered. I could push for more detail but have elected to keep the image looking as natural as possible. Comments always welcome!

Kind regards

Harvey

1tone.jpg

Very nice image Harvey. Glad you had some better seeing to be able to push the focal length. It looks a bit heavy on the red as far as colour balance goes but otherwise good detail and a pleasing result.

Pete

1 hour ago, theo said:

Very nice image Harvey. Glad you had some better seeing to be able to push the focal length. It looks a bit heavy on the red as far as colour balance goes but otherwise good detail and a pleasing result.

Pete

Cheers for the heads up on that Pete, -I've corrected the red but looks a bit green now! Funny, it looked really different on my other monitior, and way too bright! I've dropped that too. Hope this is better?

Regards

Harvey

Looking good Harvey, loads of detail. 

I can't advise on the colour, but my own images look great on my laptop - colours and sharpness, but when I put them on my main pc they look awful and I have to start from scratch again.  Such a pain!

Angie

A good result Harvey the 10th briefly producing some better seeing & it shows, as ive said before colour seems to show different on all our monitors a real pain when it comes to processing, should be standardized in my opinion as calibration doesn't seem to work!

Archived