SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Ideal Eyepieces for Planetary viewing with a FL400 80 Esprit

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, John said:

I bought mine on the used market for around £200.

Used market is defernatly looking the way to go but gunna look at getting a 4mm of one of the Vixen ones for now

It's amazing what imaging results an 80mm scope can produce in skilled hands :icon_biggrin:

I'm sure that you know this, but the views though the scope won't be able to get anywhere near rivalling those images !

The Vixen SLV's are very nice eyepieces :icon_biggrin:

2 minutes ago, John said:

It's amazing what imaging results an 80mm scope can produce in skilled hands :icon_biggrin:

I'm sure that you know this, but the views though the scope won't be able to get anywhere near rivalling those images !

The Vixen SLV's are very nice eyepieces :icon_biggrin:

Yeah I know most of them are after Photoshops been at them of course (*correction all of them) which I  have so I'll be tinkering with my images once I start capturing after I've done my viewing

I'm just a massive space nerd so I decided in my upgrade to buy the best I can to give me the best viewing I can get (I knew from the start I'd never achive what we see from Hubble and these modified pics but wanted the best either way to enjoy space to what extenent I can. plus I'm a lover of well built Tech and instruments so to own an Esprit was my dream anyways so soon as I could afford one I jumped on it. got the 80 as I travel to star sites rarther than have a solid single place

5 minutes ago, sharkey93 said:

Yeah I know most of them are after Photoshops been at them of course (*correction all of them) which I  have so I'll be tinkering with my images once I start capturing after I've done my viewing

They are the results of carefully capturing hours of data, sometimes over a number of nights, then stacking and processing it using a number of specialst software tools. 

Our eyes just can't compete with this so what we see are, generally, faint patches of grey light. Still fascinating though :smiley:

1 minute ago, John said:

They are the results of carefully capturing hours of data, sometimes over a number of nights, then stacking and processing it using a number of specialst software tools. 

Our eyes just can't compete with this so what we see are, generally, faint patches of grey light. Still fascinating though :smiley:

Yeah thats true. I've always loved space since I was a kid. I can sometimes spend hours in something like Space engine, if you haven't seen it it's a game engine in development and its free but its procedurally generating the univisal after the point of what we know. I tend to turn that off and just use the data of what we know but its great if you love space. just gives a different perspective

I'm mainly going to be looking at our planets and sometimes the Neb's that are closer that I can pick some details up. then I'll branch out to start looking at deep space objects as best as I can and just see what I can see

2 minutes ago, sharkey93 said:

I'm mainly going to be looking at our planets and sometimes the Neb's that are closer that I can pick some details up. then I'll branch out to start looking at deep space objects as best as I can and just see what I can see

Well you certainly have the scope for it, they take pretty amazing solar images too :happy8: with the correct filters etc....

1 minute ago, Pig said:

Well you certainly have the scope for it, they take pretty amazing solar images too :happy8: with the correct filters etc....

I'm gunna look at some Solar stuff too but I'm doing a hell of a lot of research more so than for regular viewing as it has some pretty serious consequences if you don't do it right not just on you but your equipment too. tho you probably already know that :)

Yes, please take care and seek advice rather than guess with solar :happy8: Dazza has had some excellent results with his Esprit, have a browse in the solar imaging section.

13 minutes ago, Pig said:

Yes, please take care and seek advice rather than guess with solar :happy8: Dazza has had some excellent results with his Esprit, have a browse in the solar imaging section.

Yeah I'll have to take a look :)

Archived