SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

ATP v. SGP

speach

I've been using SGP for around eighteen months now, I originally chose it for its autofocus capabilities as I was losing subs due to focus drift caused by temperature change. I now use almost all of its capabilities, but it's been a fairly steep learning curve.

I can't imagine myself imaging without SGP now, autofocus and accurate target centering between different nights have been a game changer for me. For example, I have a four panel mosaic project on the go that already has around 30 hours of exposure over 10 or so evenings from last autumn.

It's frustrating to have it cloud over after an hour or two and SGP allows you to carry on where you left off when you next get a clear night.

There's a tutorial somewhere 'The first week with SGP' or something  similar, that's a great help. Also check out the framing and mosaic wizard, I use it for every single target now, not just mosaics, it's well worth the additional cost.

Cheers, Ian

I, like Ian. have been using SGPro extensively for around two years. The tutorial "the first week with SGpro" is a good starter it does point you towards plate solving with Pinpoint, which is a "paid for" software programme. Seek out and use the "free" Platesolve2 software instead. The SGPro manual gives you a better insight into what SGPro can do.

http://www.mainsequencesoftware.com/content/Sequence Generator Pro.PDF

Steve

Archived