SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

what is this ??

these are pictures of orion taken almost a year ago from my home, sorry about the light pollution.  they were taken with my note 5 attached to my etx60 and are 30 second exposures... their is something there i didnt notice until all was done... i have no clue what it is so i just figured it was space junk, any thoughts would be appreciated...

20170513_105359.jpg

20170513_105025.jpg

20170513_104022.gif

If you'd like to check out if it was a satellite, you can use satellite-tracking software-programs. Not perfect by anyone's guess, but it may give you positive results for many of satellites we've got zipping over our heads. My favored program for this is Previsat - from France (in English) - which is free to download and use. Just keep it updated. Here's a link for any interested parties who may be reading this:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/previsat/

It's far more crowded up there than most people realize! McDonalds got to within ONE vote in the US Congress to launch their 'Golden Arches' as a banner going over the night-sky forever - or until someone came along to send it hurtling to a fiery death in the atmosphere.

Have fun!

Dave

Archived