Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Welcome to Stargazers Lounge

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customise your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_jupiter.jpg

Alfian

EQ4?

11 posts in this topic

Just browsing, I've come across this mount setup. http://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p8136_TS-Optics-Equatorial-Mount-EQ4-with-polar-scope-and-tripod.html

It  is different from the EQ3 in some respects, has a polar  scope,  supports scopes up to 5kg and at a very keen knock down price, could be right for somebody.

1 person likes this

I wonder if its related to the celestron CG4, looks a good buy for a smaller scope

Does anyone have any idea if there are R.A and DEC motors for it? Or even a Go-To?

19 minutes ago, Theodossis Papadopoulos said:

Does anyone have any idea if there are R.A and DEC motors for it? Or even a Go-To?

Might be worth an email to TS Optics. I've always found them helpful and respond quickly.

2 people like this

23 hours ago, nightfisher said:

I wonder if its related to the celestron CG4, looks a good buy for a smaller scope

I think it is similar to the old Skywatcher EQ4, which was a lightweight EQ5 - and used the same motors as the EQ5.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Theodossis Papadopoulos said:

According to the TS website the EQ5 dual axis kit isn't compatible with the TS EQ4.

1 person likes this

An old thread about the same mount

2 people like this

I would be very pleased if its compatible with EQ3-2 skywatcher's Go-To. I will go ahead and send them a message. Thanks for your help!

1 person likes this

39 minutes ago, Cornelius Varley said:

An old thread about the same mount

Thanks for digging around on this one, the pics in that link clearly identify it as the same mount plus useful comments. Looks like it's been around for a while so the TS Optics deal looks like it's selling off old surplus stock.

2 people like this

On 5/14/2017 at 18:19, Theodossis Papadopoulos said:

I would be very pleased if its compatible with EQ3-2 skywatcher's Go-To. I will go ahead and send them a message. Thanks for your help!

Did you get a reply to find out if its compatible?

7 hours ago, nightfisher said:

Did you get a reply to find out if its compatible?

Yes, they told me that there are not any drives-GoTo kits available and they recommended me the Skywatcher NEQ-3