SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

cdc

14 minutes ago, darknight said:

just a quickie on the new cdc, version 4, it seems there's no themes in it, just default white, which is a bit bright to say the least, any way to change it or am I having a blond moment :)

It was under Setup/Display/Sky Colour.  I've not updated so has that option set gone?

32 minutes ago, darknight said:

just a quickie on the new cdc, version 4, it seems there's no themes in it, just default white, which is a bit bright to say the least, any way to change it or am I having a blond moment :)

May be wort th having a look at skytech X , can be tweaked a bit , moon texture , sunspots , star catalogues  etc give it a Google, ascom compliant

2 minutes ago, darknight said:

yep seems to have gone, no pint in going with the red night time view if all the menus and borders are still bright white,  haven't heard of skytech, ill go have a look

Oh that's not good.  Think I'll hold off updating :dontknow:

3 hours ago, darknight said:

the new cdc, version 4, it seems there's no themes in it, just default white, which is a bit bright to say the least, any way to change it or am I having a blond moment :)

Firstly, thanks for the heads-up on the new version. :thumbsup:

Doing a search in the yahoo group , , back in Feb  Patrick is saying ( if I read it right) that we now have to change it using the Windows themes, but that changes the  Windows theme for all the progs. on my computal , I cant see how to apply a Windows theme to just one (this) application :(

Let me see if I can link to his post,,,  :

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/skychart-discussion/conversations/messages/9324

Ah , not quite right, that is the start of the topic , , ,

try again ! https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/skychart-discussion/conversations/messages/9325

that's better :)

and he is proposing to make the change for ver4 :-

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/skychart-discussion/conversations/messages/9327

4 minutes ago, darknight said:

hmm, so if I got this right, the only way to change the theme/look of cdc is to completely change your windows settings, which affect the whole pc?

That confirms me definitely not updating.

1 hour ago, darknight said:

hmm, so if I got this right, the only way to change the theme/look of cdc is to completely change your windows settings, which affect the whole pc?

That is how I read it, yes , but I am ready to be corrected. Seems very odd though. Otherwise it is looking good, especially the extra cat. handling.

Mind-u, it is early days so after a few responses he may be persuaded to re-set it perhaps.

Yes SkytechX is very impressive (I have it ) and it has potential, as do many other planetarium (whole other thread) softwares including Stellarium, but ,, the problem here for those who want to, is how to do in CdC those things that hithertofor we have been used to - and would like to be able to continue to do so in that style :) ?? !

I still have CdC2 on one of my computals to do those infrequent things with satellites that I used to do [ - and never got round to figuring in CdC3 ]  like tweaking Kepler (2line) elements to fit  new observations of a sat that may have had its orbit changed.

Archived