SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Jupiter 8-9-05-2017

U Cyg

Not the best conditions on the 8th, but much better on the 9th.  I think this (9th) was the first time that I had seen one of the moons

show so cleanly as a disk on the preview, but it didn't last, seeing went downhill after about 30 minutes.

08-05-2017

08052017_2147_5ut_dbl.png

09-05-2017  20:55ut  Jupiter & Ganymede

09052017_2055_9ut-dbl.png

09-05-2017  21:40ut  Ganymede just disappearing behind Jupiter.

09052017_2140_2ut-dbl.png

8" SCT  2x barlow  ZWO ADC  ASI224

Angie

Fantastic work again Angie with the little C8. Was that taken from your balcony or have you got something more permanent now?

Did you get out there on the 10th too? The 10th was good here, not processed the data fully yet though

regards Harvey

Many thanks to all for taking the time to look and comment on my images. :)

Harvey, yes I am still imaging from the balcony, no plans for anything more permanent.  It's not ideal, very small at about 3ft 6in x 6ft, but I can get the scope out there, and I have the laptop just inside the door.  The upside is that I don't have to go too far to get to bed at the end of the session!!

Angie

Wonderful, Angie! I am very impressed. Wonderful detail in the cloud belts and Ganymede.

I basically have the same equipment (8SE / 224MC). I've gotten some decent images but not as good as yours. You have inspired me to aim higher! 

What a beautiful set of images Angie.  Really nice captures of Jupiter all round - love the Ganymede peeking images in the bottom two shots!! Lovely albedo detail on your four Ganymede poses as well - and with the GRS positioned beautifully on the limb and even Oval BA thrown in for good measure!! You had a great couple of nights Angie and I think your seeing was the opposite of mine which was reasonable on the 8th and rather more hopeless on the 9th! A pleasure to view.

Best regards,

Ralph

Archived