SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Vixen HR 2.4mm

iPeace

I've had X474 on mine while using a Vixen GP manually and there didn't seem to be an issue with tracking. The X474 was attained by using a 2.5mm Vixen LV and a 1.6X extender Q. The crescent of Venus was exquisite at that power in the FC100DC. 

The 1.6mm should be just the ticket at the puny power of X463! :grin:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Pig said:

I would imagine manual tracking would be very difficult, the Moon will fly past the FOV :icon_biggrin:

It's the 2 motions together in alt azi that makes manual so demanding. Manual just RA on an equatorial is possible at higher mags if alignment is correct. Bigger ifs, the more magnification. 

1 hour ago, mikeDnight said:

I've had X474 on mine while using a Vixen GP manually and there didn't seem to be an issue with tracking. The X474 was attained by using a 2.5mm Vixen LV and a 1.6X extender Q. The crescent of Venus was exquisite at that power in the FC100DC. 

Perhaps buying a Zeiss Abbe x2 Barlow would be better. Then x1.7 with a 3.4 HR. And other uses as well. 

1 hour ago, mikeDnight said:

At those sort of mags Mike the HR should really come into its own. Have you a birthday coming up soon and drop a few hints?

Someone really has to get some of these HR paired up, and try them in the Taks for some really high power binoviewing. Look forward to the feedback then ?

16 hours ago, Pig said:

@Timebandit Simon I have booked the SGL event for October and you are more than welcome to look through any of my kit ? All are welcome to try the HR in their Scope if they wish, or TOE if I have one by then. ?

Very kind of you Sir ?

And you are more than welcome to try my Pentax XW. Oooww thats right you already have ?

Archived