Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First night with new 8" dob

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Charic said:

......not having used a tracking mount, I'm  happy with my hands on method. Nothing to setup, nothing to go wrong!

Perhaps not as relaxing in terms of setup, although it really is just a plonk down facing north and roughly level job, nothing to go wrong really.

The relaxing comes from being able to fully concentrate on the view without any interruption from vibrations and the benefit of the target always being on axis.

Most Dobs come with a 10mm and 25mm eyepieces

I have several others, and the one I use the most is a 17mm wide angle, and great when doing scout/guide groups programs, and primary school kids

When using the 17mm observing Jupiter, gives a wider field of view, and can take in more of the moons around jupiter

Congratulations!

I hope one day i can buy a better scope to view better, i am lucky to have a nice mount even i am a very novice or beginner, but i know that this mount will last long enough with me.

I managed to see Jupiter and Saturn, but so small without details, i could see the Jupiter moons, in fact viewing Jupiter is very easy, almost every night it is up very bright in the sky, and in very early morning just before the sunrise for about 1 hour it i getting even brighter and lower in the sky, so i never worry about viewing jupiter, and that is with just my ST80, sooner or later i am getting another scope for visual and that will put Jupiter into my viewing radar easily.

Archived