SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

May 6, 2017: DLSR moon with 80mm

• 8 months later...
On 6 May 2017 at 21:15, michael.h.f.wilkinson said:

Unexpectedly, there was a gap in the clouds. I rushed out the APM 80mm and snapped a load of raw frames with the EOS 700D and 2.5x PowerMate. I stacked 40 out of 65 frames.

IMG_6542_lapl4_ap2475LR_2.thumb.jpg.5ffb12469c2fdc05a8317c103c7cd2b1.jpg

It wasn't quite dark, so the background is a bit greyish. I might correct that later

Hi Michael, nice image. Do you use a 2" powermate. I was wondering how dslr users up their focal length without vignetting problems.

4 minutes ago, cuivenion said:

Hi Michael, nice image. Do you use a 2" powermate. I was wondering how dslr users up their focal length without vignetting problems.

The 2.5x PowerMate is only available in 1.25" form. That is large enough for my crop sensor, at least for the moon

52 minutes ago, cuivenion said:

Thanks, thinking about it I'd still need a 2" barlow because I want to use my coma corrector to do a very large mosiac.

I much prefer using my planetary cameras for mosaics, in particular the ASI178MM. Might do a comparison with my 80D later, but I expect the ASI178MM to trounce the 80D

Archived