Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

Andrew INT

Firecapture RGB auto run

Hello all,

I am planning on imaging a time-lapse to show the rotation of Jupiter. Using Firecapture I can set a RGB filter sequence (say, 120 seconds for each). However, is it possible to place a delay (i.e. five mins or so) between each RGB block capture? Any advice greatly received!

Cheers folks :)

• Like 1

I'd love to hear the solution to this as well. Trying to do the same thing. I see how to set a delay between filters but not between groups of RGB sets.

I have never used an automated sequence for this because I always need to tweak the focus for the blue channel at least.

However, are you using FC to autoguide on the planet?  If not, I would definitely get this working as  it makes planetary imaging a much more relaxing experience.  Well it does with my mount that likes to wonder about of its own accord.

Cheers,
Chris