SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Jupiter and GRS - 10in DOB on Homemade EQ Platform - Personal Best

Quaternion

This is the best planetary image I have ever taken, which may not say much, but I was pretty happy with it. This time I managed to get the primary to within 1 degF of ambient AND I managed to adjust the Pierre Astro ADC levers. When I went to do an RGB align in Registax, the automatic estimate came back with no adjustment necessary, so I must have nailed the ADC. However, I was so excited about the ADC, that I forgot to collimate !!! So I believe I still have some more room for improvement.

Capture Details:

- Seeing = 4/5 (Good)
- Elevation = 43 deg
- UT = 03:56.7
- CMI = 328.2 deg
- CMII = 279.8 deg
- CMIII = 44.1 deg

- Image generated by stacking 20% of 5636 frames (90sec @ 62 fps with ASI224), RGB Align/Balance and Linked Wavelets in Registax.

- Equipment: Orion XT10i, Televue 1.15x Paracorr II, 2.5x and 5x Powermates, Pierro Astro ADC, Rigel nStep Focus Motor, Gosky Bahtinov Mask, ZWO ASI 224MC, Canon 70D, Baader 570nm and 610nm Filters, Modified EZCBP Equatorial Platform, Stellarvue F50M2 Finder, Glatter Green Laser Pointer /Orion Bracket

Jupiter_GRS_TomP_27Apr2017_UT0356p7.jpg

Archived