Installing Gradient Exterminator

Davey-T

I used a demo version of GEX on a previous computer which as far as I can remember wasn't a problem, must have just followed the instructions.

Just downloaded and paid for it and followed instructions but get this message.

In the instructions it says "invoke the plug in" what does this mean ? if I just click on the file I get the error message.

It doesn't show up in plug ins in PS.

Any ideas ?

Probably me being thick :iamwithstupid:

Dave

RCX1.PNG.e58eea9d07fed400d9542b2e4489ba27.PNG

RCX2.PNG.d31b18c875adc46d2d381a89749773d6.PNG

Well that was all very confusing, I have 2 versions of CS4 32 and 64 bit but for some weird reason the 64bit version is in the 32bit Program files and vice versa.

So I was installing the GEX plug in in the x86 version when it wanted to be in the tother one.

Then just to compound the confusion the desktop icon was starting the 32bit version then it couldn't find the plug in so put up an error message

Don't you just love computers :BangHead:

Dave

I have both 32 and 64 bit versions too and the file folders are also arranged differently in each.

Alan

P.S. I had to check my shortcut now to make sure it opened the 64 bit version, all ok.

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type folder, and then select Show hidden files and folders from the search results.
  2. Under Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then select OK.
  3. In Explorer window search for 8BF* to make sure where PS filters are installed.
  4. Copy Gradient file to correct folder. If you find multiple folders, copy file to them all.
  5. Reverse Explorer showing files options from 1 and 2.

Archived