Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss.thumb.jpg.5b348d6a5e7f27bdcb79e9356b7fc03b.jpg

kaito83

Attention, EQMOD/EQASCOM users, huge DEC backlash fast correction!

Dear All!

Please read everything!!!
I have a big DEC backlash on my EQ3 mount near to 8000ms, and the pulse guide correction is slow and the 2000ms doesnt enough to correct this issue.
So I decided to correct it with this great EQMOD project to add some new code in the backlash correction
The plan was to use the slew direction to correct the backlash!

WARNING!!!! this code works like the slew controls so its minimally override the DEC coordinates.

Installation from zip file:
1. install AQESCOM - final version\EQASCOM_V200j_Setup.exe

2. Copy files from final version\common files\eqcontrl.dll to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ASCOM\Telescope or C:\Program Files\Common Files\ASCOM\Telescope, but make BACKUP first!
3. run EQMOD's toolbox and register eqmod.exe

4. Happy testing.

In my case the correction ratio is 800 and duration is 290ms

PS. Thank You for the developers to this great project!!!

final version.zip

dec_corr.jpg

Edited by kaito83
  • Like 1

Will this be incorporated into the main EQMOD project?

If not, your code will simply be overwritten when a user updates to a newer release...

1 minute ago, daz said:

Will this be incorporated into the main EQMOD project?

If not, your code will simply be overwritten when a user updates to a newer release...

Hi its incorporated but I think i used the latest eqmod v2.00j but I can modify the newer ones and also the 1.29 was also great version so no major upgrade necessary from this, but if the guys love this mod I think they will implement in the newer versions.

To get hold of 200j means you have access to the Yahoo group, so have you tried posting there as well ??

2 minutes ago, Dr_Ju_ju said:

To get hold of 200j means you have access to the Yahoo group, so have you tried posting there as well ??

Yes I have access and post I posted it but still no reply

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Astrofriend
      Hi,
      My EQ6 mount is old now. Very stiff RA and DEC axis, it's time to dismantle it and see how bad the inside is.
      I followed the Astro Baby guide and it was not any big problem to dismantle it. It looks fine inside, I suspect some earlier owner already have done this cleaning and put new grease on. But that must be years ago.
      When I now have dismantled everything, shall I rebuilt it and install timing belt drives? I feel it's a little to much money to put on this old mount. I have to think about it and see what alternatives there are.
      Here is my EQ6 dismantling story:
      http://www.astrofriend.eu/astronomy/projects/project-eq6-dismantling-rebuilding/01-eq6-dismantling-rebuilding.html
      Only first part, now I'm drawing plans.
      /Lars
    • By Anne S
      I'm trying to update my v3 handset prior to selling the mount. I need to update the bootloader from v1.0 to v1.7 before I can upgrade the firmware from 3.12 to the newest version. I've tried following the instructions in the bootloader download but the upgrade loader refuses to install anything.
      Before I realised I needed to update the bootloader, the synscan loader v3.3 just showed 255 255 255 where it should display the handset software, ie 3.12.
      Can anyone advise what I'm doing wrong?
      The handset won't run the mount probably because I had a replacement motor control board a few years ago., I'm guessing. It worked fine before that. I've been using eqMod for years.
      Thanks.
      Anne
    • By Bigwings
      I need my garage back so am selling my excess mounts.
      1. EQ5 motorised on both axis.
      No tripod this was mounted ony pier. Tracks well. 
      £100 Collect only because of weight .
      2. An older type Skywatcher AZ goto mount that came with my SkyMax 127. Good condition .
      £100 Collect please but might be able to send if you arrange courier.
      SOLDto Pitbull ...thanks
      3. AZ GTi  goto in excellent condition . Still have the box so can send at cost.
      The pic shows it with a telescope on it which is not included.
      £200
      Location just north of Newark on A1
      Clear Skies.
      Thanks for looking
      All Sold.
      mods VB please move

• By Phillips6549
      Complete beginner question regarding using this mount.
      When I have tried to set up and align the mount , the goto targeting is off by many degrees.  Here's what I do - can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong!?

With the power off:
      Align the tripod and mount to North and, with the clutches released, set the declination to my latitude (52deg 28' N). and the mount in the weights-down home position.
      Lock the clutches and fine tune the alignment on Polaris using the mechanical adjustments on the mount.

Turn the power on:
      Set up the date, time and location, elevation etc. in the handset (noting the American Date format and Longitude first (set to W 1deg 48')
      DST = Yes
      Select 1 Star align
      Pick a star, I usually try Procyon or Betelguese depending on the time.
      The scope slews to vaguely the right direction but actually nowhere near.  It can take 2 or 3 minutes of manual slewing to centre the star in the eyepiece.  Finishing, of course, with an up and right movement.
      Finally, press Enter to complete the alignment ==> Alignment Successful says the handset optimistically.  
      Now from the object menu pick another target.  Try, say, Polaris which was where I started and ... nowhere near it.   It's the same regardless of the selected target.

I have tried 2 star alignment and 3 star alignment, a factory reset before starting,  but nothing seems to work.   Once i'm lined up on a target the mount tracks nicely - it just won't go where I want it to!
      Not yet at my wits end but - Help!  
      Mark

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.