sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

Attention, EQMOD/EQASCOM users, huge DEC backlash fast correction!

Dear All!

Please read everything!!!
I have a big DEC backlash on my EQ3 mount near to 8000ms, and the pulse guide correction is slow and the 2000ms doesnt enough to correct this issue.
So I decided to correct it with this great EQMOD project to add some new code in the backlash correction
The plan was to use the slew direction to correct the backlash!

WARNING!!!! this code works like the slew controls so its minimally override the DEC coordinates.

Installation from zip file:
1. install AQESCOM - final version\EQASCOM_V200j_Setup.exe

2. Copy files from final version\common files\eqcontrl.dll to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ASCOM\Telescope or C:\Program Files\Common Files\ASCOM\Telescope, but make BACKUP first!
3. run EQMOD's toolbox and register eqmod.exe

4. Happy testing.

In my case the correction ratio is 800 and duration is 290ms

PS. Thank You for the developers to this great project!!!

final version.zip

dec_corr.jpg

Edited by kaito83
  • Like 1

Will this be incorporated into the main EQMOD project?

If not, your code will simply be overwritten when a user updates to a newer release...

1 minute ago, daz said:

Will this be incorporated into the main EQMOD project?

If not, your code will simply be overwritten when a user updates to a newer release...

Hi its incorporated but I think i used the latest eqmod v2.00j but I can modify the newer ones and also the 1.29 was also great version so no major upgrade necessary from this, but if the guys love this mod I think they will implement in the newer versions.

2 minutes ago, Dr_Ju_ju said:

To get hold of 200j means you have access to the Yahoo group, so have you tried posting there as well ??

Yes I have access and post I posted it but still no reply

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Turbocoo
      As above looking for scopes for both these mounts. Thanks 
    • By benzomobile
      Hi to all.
      The most popular mounts - even those that are included in  the small-medium range group, do drive the axes rotation  via worm wheel coupling . 
      This one are plagued by the drawback that I have always considered very unpleasant: the mechanical play  is not properly controlled and it can’t be always limited within acceptable tolerance limits.
      The adjustment of  Back Lash (BL) is entrusted to two screws (more often they are grains) usually positioned at 180 ° from each other. However - as we all know, even a wheel very slight eccentric creates
      an inconstancy of contact with the worm: when the play is adjusted for an initial position of the axis, it is not in other positions. 
      In other words, there are positions where the worm rotates with adequate friction, others in which the same friction can increase significantly, and still others where it is so reduced to the point 
      that it causes excessive play. 
      So, the tuning screws are  sometimes  too tight and sometimes too loose … mission impossible to find the right compromise! 
      This behavior is already annoying in manual movement because  the task of pointing at an object  in a steady way  is not feasible because it ever  'jumps'. 
      In photography it's even worse. 
      Not only does an unavoidable backlash often  appears in Dec – and it is very badly correctable also by the autoguider software, but- and it is dirty worse, the tracking in RA does not perform evenly 
      and smoothly.  The typical ‘micro’ irregularities in  star images is what we see in our shots. 
      Many high range mounts adopt different methods to contain lashes, and the best ones adopt mechanical systems with which that error is reduced to zero. 
      With this long introduction, I will tell you what very simple modification I thought of making on my HEQ5.
      Please, stay tuned 🙂
      Beppe

• By chrobakx
      I looking for a polar scope for my eq3 or HEQ5 mount
    • By chrobakx
      Recently I acquired the eq3 mount and now I'm looking for Skywatcher Dual Axis or enhanced dual axis Motor Drive for this Mount .

• By SStanford
      Hi All,
      With ongoing issues related to slewing in the EQ3 pro it's quite clear that there is some significant backlash.
      I understand there is a way to repair this myself; does anyone have details of guide for the EQ3 pro to reduce the backlash?
      I also understand that the lubricant is important to reduce backlash. Can anyone make any recommendations here too?
      Thanks again!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.