Sol today 3-5-17 08,00

xtreemchaos

nice and sunny here today ,seeing not as good as yesterday. AR2654 spots have grown overnight nice size now, AR2653 has all but gone round the limb, at 2 oclock theres a very large prom like the jaws of a grab, at 3 oclock theres a trio of large thin wispy proms I can hardly see them il know more when my datas cooked. at 7 oclock theres a mid size spikey prom.

hope you all have clear skys , charl.

heres a qwick whitelight.

59098d0ef3b42_sol3-5-1708.thumb.png.c3afa8793c22f46ac4ba4fb7248bad6a.png

45 minutes ago, xtreemchaos said:

thanks Dave, still clear here for the mo, but the clouds are coming.. seeings not as good today, hope it gets better vis at yours, charl.

Clouds, what do they look like? Wall to wall sunshine here in Tenerife! :grin:  Just wish the activity would pick up a bit.

3 hours ago, Moonshane said:

Have you seen the bull shaped prom Peter - amazing!

Would you believe, the Sun is so high here I have to wait until it comes over the top of my apartment and then a few hours more before I can get the telescope on the Sun. It's mounted on my Nexstar alt-azimuth unit and the scope is too long to go through the single arm support sweep. Something to address before my next visit!  :icon_biggrin:

Archived