SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Dream Mount?

1 hour ago, Alien 13 said:

Nice but how could you adjust it for differing latitudes? my personal dream mount is a SW adventurer... maybe one day.

Alan

I'm sure that if you order one, they are willing to throw in some shims.

Closer inspection of the description reveals that:

"Pier measurements are client specific; the optional equatorial pier can be made to suit the client's installation site."

"The DDM 160 was designed as an Equatorial pier mount- that is, it's meant for permanent installation with the included mounting plate, rather than use with a tripod. This has the happy side effect in that since measurements are client specific, the equatorial pier can be aligned exactly according to its installation site."

Lol

Giros and military grade gps would help.. I bet it would be available on order. Price on request, of course, but yacht price would look like small change, I suspect lol

On 02/05/2017 at 22:06, Demon Barber said:

Hi All,just come across this mouthwatering offer on OPT new website.

Nice!  I'll take two!!

No, hang on, it IS two.  Perhaps just the one then, although we have a sign on the 'fridge...

"Never eat more than you can lift"

...and I suspect this goes for telescopes as well.

21 minutes ago, AKB said:

Nice!  I'll take two!!

No, hang on, it IS two.  Perhaps just the one then, although we have a sign on the 'fridge...

"Never eat more than you can lift"

...and I suspect this goes for telescopes as well.

Absolutely. Never eat more telescope than you can lift. But for observing/imaging, "bigger is better" (that should be on my fridge).

Something like that is an observatory mount, designed and installed specifically for the location. There looks to be fine tuning bolts at the bottom of the pier.

I have the baby of the range, the DDM60 and can attest to its superlative qualities.

This is an ASA mount. Maybe they now work, after spending the best part of ten years beta testing on their customers.

We have a Mesu here, first generation, one of the first out of the workshop over five years ago, and it has never dropped a sub. Why did I just buy a second one? Easy question!

Olly

On 2017-5-2 at 22:06, Demon Barber said:

Hi All,just come across this mouthwatering offer on OPT new website.

asa-ddm160-direct-drive-twin-mount-only-fc8.jpg

That's not a mount and scopes, silly, it's a big gun from the next RoboCop movie!??

Dave

• 1 month later...

That is the DDM160: http://www.astrosysteme.com/shop/asa-direct-drive-ddm160-2/
the Twin version is € 3000 more expensive. Of course without the telescopes or the pier.
Like it is mentioned before: the bent pier will be made according your coordinates. It adds another € 12000 to the equation, but no meridian flip anymore.

I owned a DDM60Pro (which is out of production now) for 7 years without any issues. I traded it in for a DDM85 Standard 12Volts with absolute Renishaw encoders.
No PEC, no backlash. With a pointing file 30 minutes unguided imaging is no problem. It compensates for flexure when using MLPT, but of course guiding is an option as well. In the past there were some software problems, but they are all fixed. 
Olly is right to say that it feels like the customers are being used as beta testers, but all issues are solved now. 
Of course there is always room for improvement as with everything or anybody...

Archived