Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Help with PhotoShop layer masks and colour matching

So ive got a series of images taken during last weeks meteor shower and im hoping to bring them all into one image. So ive picked a good base image roughly half way through the session, but the images with the meteors on are in slightly lighter and darker skies. So when i use a layer mask to hide all but the parts i want i get a mismatch of sky colours. How would i go about matching them? montage.thumb.jpg.64d1e24b8e939d0754720e99380cc0c6.jpg

Also caught the space station which was unexpected.

Thanks all.

Dan

Hi Dan,

Personally I would use a bigger and more feathered brush to increase the gradient, than to hide the brighter/darker sky difference, select the Layer to adjust, (the revealed brighter image) one at a time and adjust the levels using the middle slider in the "Levels Dialog" - (Ctrl L). 

11 minutes ago, MarsG76 said:

Hi Dan,

Personally I would use a bigger and more feathered brush to increase the gradient, than to hide the brighter/darker sky difference, select the Layer to adjust, (the revealed brighter image) one at a time and adjust the levels using the middle slider in the "Levels Dialog" - (Ctrl L). 

Okay, i suppose i could also try a filter and blur?

Edit: Oh the feather in the layer mask options. I see it.

6 minutes ago, Danny83uk said:

Okay, i suppose i could also try a filter and blur?

Blur the mask? I guess you could, but the bigger more feathered brush would give you more control, as well and more subtle gradient helping to hide the adjusted levels.

Archived