Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

PST Dismantling - Help

Paul73

IMG_9062.thumb.JPG.95f109d967049a6ec830b47177adbc5d.JPGHi Guys

I've now got all of the parts incoming for my 100mm PST Stage 1 mod. So got cracking on dismantling my trusty PST.....

I just can't seem to shift the Etalon & Tuner from the gold tube! I know that others have encountered this problem. Any hints about how to get it moving?

Paul

1 hour ago, Paul73 said:

IMG_9062.thumb.JPG.95f109d967049a6ec830b47177adbc5d.JPGHi Guys

I've now got all of the parts incoming for my 100mm PST Stage 1 mod. So got cracking on dismantling my trusty PST.....

I just can't seem to shift the Etalon & Tuner from the gold tube! I know that others have encountered this problem. Any hints about how to get it moving?

Paul

Paul.  First of all you need to remove the rubber tuning ring. Under that you will find a label covering an adjustment screw. Mark its position and then remove the screw. This will allow a cage to be removed. After you have done this it's a case of how best you can unscrew the etalon housing. Most modders have to use one or even two opposing strap wrenches. HTH.   :icon_biggrin:

47 minutes ago, Peter Drew said:

Paul.  First of all you need to remove the rubber tuning ring. Under that you will find a label covering an adjustment screw. Mark its position and then remove the screw. This will allow a cage to be removed. After you have done this it's a case of how best you can unscrew the etalon housing. Most modders have to use one or even two opposing strap wrenches. HTH.   :icon_biggrin:

+1 for what Peter says. Depends on. When and where the scope was assembled as to quite how much thread-lock has been used 

+2 for Peter.

I use the HD BOA wrench. I also made up a tube clamping block - a lump of 100 x 100 about 50 mm wide drilled with a central 50mm hole, then cut in two.

A wrap of gaffa tape around the tube clamped in the block in the vise and the BOA on the etalon.

Archived