Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi All, 

It would be much apriciated if someone can point me in right direction. I am new in astro photography and im still strugling with procesing photos on my pc. What would be the best program for photoshoping final image?

Thanks a lot for any advice.

Im using Adobe Photo shop at the moment.

I have Sky-Watcher 70/500 so I am a bit limited. I will be getting a better scope soon so ill try some DSO shots.

Sorry for my ignorance, what scope would you recommend for DSO photography?

Thank you.

I would recommend this for entry level AP:

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/books/making-every-photon-count-steve-richards.html

As for software; beginners tend to start with DSS and GIMP, simply because it's free. But consider software as an investment in AP, the same as a mount, camera, scope or filters. Good software costs, but goes a long way. Have a look at what people are using here and on astrobin.com

19 hours ago, Nenad Arsovic said:

Hi All, 

It would be much apriciated if someone can point me in right direction. I am new in astro photography and im still strugling with procesing photos on my pc. What would be the best program for photoshoping final image?

Thanks a lot for any advice.

I use GIMP as well. Make sure you follow some of the tutorials on YouTube because it's not very intuitive.

Steve

36 minutes ago, happy-kat said:

You already have photoshop you do not need to try GiMP. For a starter have a good read and look at tutorials on www.budgetastro.net

So true. But the op may need to look into the various plugins and addons for PS, like gradient exterminator, Noels actions, hasta la vista green, etc, etc. I'm not sure about what's out there, since I don't use ps myself.

Next thing for me would be a good mount. i was looking at Skywatcher EQ5 equatorial mount and tripod. 

And also deciding between BRESSER Messier achromatic 152mm x 1200mm f/7.9 AR-152L achromatic refractor and Skywatcher Black Diamond 120 x 1000 refractor.

Thank you guys for your advice's...

16 hours ago, wimvb said:

So true. But the op may need to look into the various plugins and addons for PS, like gradient exterminator, Noels actions, hasta la vista green, etc, etc. I'm not sure about what's out there, since I don't use ps myself.

All the above are very useful in Photoshop and are quite cheap.

HLVG is very useful, it's free, virtually the same as SNCR in Pixinsight.

Annie's Actions is another one.

Archived