Sharpcap file names

Radec

Can anyone confirm that the Sharpcap video file name relates to the time the video was actually finished (not started).

That seems the most logical answer, but I'm trying to get my head around Winjupos and need to be sure of my times on a video where I didn't tick the Winjupos file name setting in Sharpcap. (will do next time the sky clears!)

Thanks

2 hours ago, darknight said:

surely it would be easy to just run a quick sharpcap vid now or session, then look at it ?

It would, but my 'capture' laptop is currently countering through a mass of files and I don't want to interrupt it.

The only other one is a Mac and sharpcap doesn't do Macs!

Just wondered if anyone knew the answer. 

2 hours ago, Cornelius Varley said:

The logical answer is that the filename includes the start time.

That's what I thought at first too, but then I thought that it would be more logical for it to be the time it writes it to the disk......??

If all else fails I will wait and connect up the camera to see.

I'll post back here if I do. I expected that someone would have used Sharpcap/Winjupos before & know the answer

Thanks

Thanks Peter - I can confirm that you are correct :-)

Just had a window of opportunity and the test proved the start time.

I also will keep the Winjupos filename option ticked in the Sharpcap settings as then it seems the settings are picked up automatically.

Thanks for the help chaps

Archived