Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What time do you image?

Tony G

31 minutes ago, johnfosteruk said:

I try to image early before 8am before the ground starts radiating too much heat, but quite often don't get around to it until mid late afternoon. 

In other words, whenever I can!

I understand. I work 3rd shift and morns are my time. My 2nd floor apt balcony faces south so in winter months I can start soon as I want but with it coming up more in the east it's pushed me back and hour and more into poor seeing. Any other time of day I'd have to pack it all out. Here's a pic of my apartment observatory with a live view. On 3rd and working most weekends I rarely go out at night. I miss it but the suns my fav. always has been. No-one around here in my area is into any kind of astronomy let alone solar. It's all Huntin fishin boatin and 4 wheelin round here.20170412_091615.thumb.jpg.4e36357930be8dc72b72a049e25b8e23.jpg

As soon as the Sun clears the tree line - at this time of year that's about 10:30 and allows me to continue until about 15:00. In the depths of winter I can only manage about 90mins observing time.

Unfortunately, all the offending trees belong to neighbours and there's little hope of getting them 'removed' 

Neil

Neil , have you spoken to the neighbours about the trees ?, ive good neighbours, I spoke to next door about a bright  sercurty light thay put up at the bottom of there garden and gave them a bottle of wine and thay have turned it off , its never been on since, I fined most people don't realize somethings a problem until you talk to them. clear skys, charl.

3 hours ago, ngwillym said:

trees belong to neighbours

@extremechaos, yes, just a gentle chat/hint - unfortunately, a couple of them are conifers over 60ft high - will cost a bit to shift, but if we discuss again will offer to share cost. Others are mature oaks, some of which are covered by protection orders. 

3 hours ago, xtreemchaos said:

24/7 365 days a year when theres anything in the sky with no or little cloud , I guess you could say fulltime. nice setup tony. charl.

Thanks. You too! Love the daystar pics!

Great to see everyone's set up! I will try any time but generally only the mornings are worth it. Afternoon seeing is almost always terrible. Here's my wife's little Godson, Max, aged 7, transfixed by his first view of the sun in Hydrogen Alpha:

max.jpg

I most often do between 2 and 5 pm, but at the moment its anytime it looks clear and I'm at home. This morning it was 7am and yesterday 7 pm :biggrin: and if the forecast continues to stay the same it will be an early one tomorrow.

I do keep saying I will get a grab and go set up and try from just round the corner as it looks over some fields.

7 hours ago, xtreemchaos said:

24/7 365 days a year when theres anything in the sky with no or little cloud , I guess you could say fulltime. nice setup tony. charl.

DSC09959.thumb.JPG.f25a8df70a4b2e7b2a880363013ce357.JPG

Thank you. And you too. I watch your daystar action on here. 

Looks like it's up in the air for the majority. I was just curious. I like mornings and am fortunate to be home that time of day. Its also my evenings and wind down time. Seems like thats best seeing also. I love waiting for all your next pics and equipment pics! Funny for bout a month I didnt even realise most of you were in UK but Charl kept callin me mate and I knew somethin was up. :happy7: I really like this forum and it's the only one I go to! Thanks.

It would be lovely to be able to pick and chose. I am currently able to image from 6.30-7.30, 10.00-10.15, 1.00-1.30 and 5.00pm onwards midweek. Given the choice I would try to image before 11.00 unless something really interesting is happening. Or I have had a bad run, then its any time anyway I can.

Archived