Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Photos added?. . My Astro dreams have come true?

26 minutes ago, Paul73 said:

Splendid splendid setup! I wouldn't do any of this side by side comparison mallarky. Just enjoy!

Which will be your first targets?

Paul

Agreed Paul!

I would go really obvious and have a session on Jupiter first I reckon!

• Like 5

Selling my FS128 was the biggest single mistake I've made in Astronomy. It was a truly sweet scope, and moving from the 128 to the 152 offered no significant advantage for my kind of observing, in fact I used it less! The FS128 was simply perfect!

I hope you have many years observing with yours, and exploring its planetary and dso capabilities. :icon_cyclops_ani:

Mike

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Paul73 said:

Splendid splendid setup! I wouldn't do any of this side by side comparison mallarky. Just enjoy!

Paul

I was only suggesting that it would be very nice to get 2 great 5 inch refractors together. Not a "competition" in any way :icon_biggrin:

The same way that the dob mob do - they seem to complement each others scopes rather than compete with them.

Edited by John
  • Like 4

Congrats! Just noticed we act like normal people to newborn babies, so we can re-use following words. Just substitute baby for scope, haha:

"There’s something about babies that make us smile and believe in goodwill to all humans. We feel warm and fuzzy all over and start wishing good wishes for everyone. We look forward to meeting your new baby soon."

"Congratulations on the arrival of your new baby! This new addition will bring you lots of cuddling, fun times and sweet memories. It will be worth the sleepless nights. All the best to your family."

"Congratulations, and welcome to the world of sleepless nights, restless days and mountains of laundry. Just remember: what doesn’t break you will make you a better person."

Christer, Sweden

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Saganite said:

Word round the camp fire is that the new lady in Dave's life and his ex, may meet up to compare notes :hiding:

Knowing a bit about ex's, that sounds dangerous!!! ;)

PS for the grammar kings and queens out there, I am uncomfortable with the apostrophe but didn't know what else to do!

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, John said:

I was only suggesting that it would be very nice to get 2 great 5 inch refractors together. Not a "competition" in any way :icon_biggrin:

The same way that the dob mob do - they seem to complement each others scopes rather than compete with them.

Sorry, made a mess of things, but my previous post was in response to John's, and I am referring to scopes.

Edited by Saganite
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Paul73 said:

Paul

31 minutes ago, John said:

I don't think John was suggesting a comparison of his 130 LZO and the FS 128, to which was the best was he ☺.  I think it would be for scientific purposes ,which of course is different and acceptable?

It would be great to get these two excellent  scopes side by side for a  peek through? 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Saganite said:

Sorry, made a mess of things, but my previous post was in response to John's, and I am referring to scopes.

I did know that Steve, was being silly, sorry :) 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Paul M said:

That's a nice looking set-up. Congratulations.

On the negative side, the colour of the sideboard clashes with the scope. It'll have to go!

Just how understanding is your wife? :):) 

Is that the wife , or the scope , or both.:rolleyes: 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, John said:

I realise that this probably can't happen but it would be so interesting to put the FS128 alongside the TMB / LZOS 130 F/9.2. :icon_biggrin:

I was looking hard for a FS128 when the TMB / LZOS came up nearby and at a good price but the impression that I gained in doing my research is that both scopes are right at the top of what has been produced for amateurs for the purposes of visual astronomy in the 5 inch refractor category over the past decade or so.

I'm really looking forward to reading your reports on using this scope Dave :thumbright:

Would it be impossible to sort something to bring these 2 scopes together one night?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Stu said:

Knowing a bit about ex's, that sounds dangerous!!! ;)

PS for the grammar kings and queens out there, I am uncomfortable with the apostrophe but didn't know what else to do!

'Exes', I reckon Stu.

More importantly, what a beautiful telescope - congratulations Dave. I had an opportunity to look through one recently, but bad weather - inevitably - put paid to the planned observing session. Look forward to your first light with the Tak

• Like 1

On 4/27/2017 at 19:51, F15Rules said:

Mint Takahashi FS128 on Tak EM2 mount.

My heartfelt thanks to Tony for waiting for so long until I could proceed with the purchase, and to my wonderful wife Heather for her loving support.

Can't quite believe it..

Dave

IMG_20170427_173022364_HDR.jpg

I dont think thats F15 though is it. :hiding:

• Like 2