Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC5775 etc and a quick M13.

ollypenrice

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, swag72 said:

I looked at one of these when I needed a part ...... when you factor on postage to the EU as well as any Customs battle you may encounter, it worked out at well over $100 ........ I can recommend a couple of UK guys if you decide to get a part made Olly :) having had to get two made for the Tak as the quoted spacing wasn't working and so I had to get another one made up with a guess of how much spacing I wanted.

Hi Sara

I have used Precise Parts in the past. They are great to deal with - but I agree with you on the postage and hassles.

Any chance you could share the details on the UK guys doing similar work? It would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Ian 

11 minutes ago, ian_bird said:

...Any chance you could share the details on the UK guys doing similar work? It would be very much appreciated....

Sure - The first adapter was made by the FLO guy who makes the JTD saddle. It took about 3 weeks from ordering to make as I recall, and was well made.

My next guy (only due to time scale I didn't use the FLO guy again) was through Bern at Modern Astronomy. He has a chap that will make bespoke adapters .... The workmanship on this one was very good too.

I'd have no hesitation in recommending either ....... Price wise they were about the same as well. Good to know that there's two bespoke adapter makers in the UK that do work to a high standard and exactly as specified :) Just contact FLO or Bern and they will get the relevant details for you.

12 minutes ago, swag72 said:

Sure - The first adapter was made by the FLO guy who makes the JTD saddle. It took about 3 weeks from ordering to make as I recall, and was well made.

My next guy (only due to time scale I didn't use the FLO guy again) was through Bern at Modern Astronomy. He has a chap that will make bespoke adapters .... The workmanship on this one was very good too.

I'd have no hesitation in recommending either ....... Price wise they were about the same as well. Good to know that there's two bespoke adapter makers in the UK that do work to a high standard and exactly as specified :) Just contact FLO or Bern and they will get the relevant details for you.

Hi Sara

Thanks for that. Most useful. And most appreciated.

Regards

Ian

Archived