Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Need some milkyway targets

Hi sgl. 

I'm going to a star party this Saturday. I can use the tracker for about 2hrs only as other members also want to use it. 

I selected this time cause I want to shoot dso in the milkyway. 

Can you'll recommend me some targets for a 250mm and 50mm lense? 

I get 4mins subs with 50mm lense with the least amount of trailing and 45sec subs with 250mm lense without trailing. 

Also Cygnus will be up, there are nice targets there roo such as Nan, Cygnus loop. Sadr nebula which I feel will fit the 50mm lense. 

Rajesh 

23 minutes ago, Ishan Mair said:

Hi Rajesh. Where are you located? For 250 mm M81/M82 group would be nice. With a 50 mm lens, Trifid and Lagoon in Sagittarius, the Antares region of milkyway, NAN, Veil nebula etc. should also be possible.

I'm from goa. 13degrees above the equator so can get views of almost both the skies. 

31 minutes ago, Ishan Mair said:

Go for Sagittarius (Lagoon & Trifid) or Antares and Rho Ophuicus. I believe you'd have the 50 mm f 1.8. It will likely turn out to be a cracking image if you get to 2 hours with about f3(for better stars). 

Yes indeed, the 50mm f1. 8

I also recommend the trifid and lagoon nebulas,  also the carina nebula(ngc 3372) is a nice target.   if you can see the southern cross,  ngc 3372 is near it, i imaged it with my 135mm lens and was very pleased. 

Archived