Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Trying to Get Better GOTO Alignment HEQ5 Pro

I've only ever used a 2 star alignment and i rarely have any problems with it.

I make sure all the information I put in is 100% accurate and ensure the mount is as level as you can get it then any 2 stars Sirius regal or similar and be usually I always get the object I chose in a 24mm EP or lower.

I may try a 1 star alignment and see if it's better worse or possibly the same?

I like your images by the way good job on those.

Let me know how you get on and I will post my results with the 1 star ?

Richard

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My back garden faces north so for alignment stars I use Capella and Arcturus (Vega later in the year), or one of those two plus Alioth/Dubhe, or all three for a 3-star. Capella and Arcturus/Vega are quite far apart (too far apart?) but easy to see - and ID correctly - and seem to give me decent enough alignment.

Hi again...

Just another thought...and I know Ronin mentioned this in his post, but I suddenly remembered last night having had some similar issues some years back with my EQ6 (apologies I think my memory is going :hmh:). I was using a battery at the time and when I swapped this out for a mains supply...problem disappeared! Clearly mains power isn't for everyone, but you could at least test the performance using a suitable 12v supply/adapted and see if it makes a diiference.

Steve

• 1 month later...

Are you keeping the balance slightly East heavy when tracking?

sorry if someone already mentioned, and I missed it. Did wonders for my tracking. And do concider PA with SharpCap, it's easier on your knees and neck:happy8:

Bjorn 

Archived