Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Rain at Les Granges

ollypenrice

Only joking! Lovely sky all night.

(Don't hit me...)

RGB back in the filter wheel tonight for a bit of M33. I didn't bin the colours for a change and think it helped with the delicate detail. Half an hour per colour plus 110 mins luminance. I did the RGB first and processed them while the Lum came in.

Olly.

post-15040-133877345732_thumb.jpg

I'm sure even as lovely a place as les Granges (by all accounts) is, must get a spot of rain occasionally - and when it does, I bet you get splendid seeing once the rain has stopped!

Beautiful M33 anyway! Not sure whether the technique you described did it, but you've certainly got excellent colour detail there! I really must put it on my TO DO list (if I get another chance back down in France myself - pressure of work! :)). I'm just a bit shy of going for such a popular target which so many others have done such excellent work on....

Don't worry about teasing folks on here: I'm sure your contributions are one of the things that keep people's morale up, stop people deserting the forum, in this season of cloudy skies and little home-grown activity...

You are all most kind. As well as taking the colour unbinned (and I think this helped preserve the detail, myself) I followed advice from the forum and tried differentiating the subs. Red and green I took in 250 sec subs, blue in 200 and lum in 300. This has given me the best unprocessed stars I have yet managed, with the colour well contained within and around the lum and no bad blue haloes. A bit shorter still on the blue might be good since close inspection shows a touch of blue bloat.

I'm looking forward to a shot at the other big spirals using this formula.

Because of a bleary-eyed boob I failed to subtract the darks, I now realize. All credit to Atik, I'd say.

Olly.

Archived