Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter 25/04 from Bembridge

SnakeyJ

It was cold and windy, but worth getting out again last night with good trans and moderate seeing.

This is my first decent capture of the GRS this season, taken with the usual OO 250, 3x TV barlow, ZWO ADC and ASI224MC.   I couldn't get FC image magic to work this morning, but the FC session details report 5050mm focal length, which would be around F20.

2017-04-25-2233_0-JG-LIA.png.773c26402361dfaa2beec761a40e537e.png

fcsettings.thumb.png.4535eb055cf83b96ebf73be5761a08f6.png

Conditions look clear again for tonight, so may just have another go!

Lovely image Jake :icon_biggrin:

I was observing Jupiter last night and it's great to see the stuff that I was squinting at bought out in much more detail

If I ever get into imaging I think it would be planetary and lunar :icon_biggrin:

I guess my 130mm F/9 triplet with a suitable barlow / powermate on the HEQ5 mount might be some use for that ?

40 minutes ago, michael.h.f.wilkinson said:

Nice work. Seeing was complete mush here, so I binned all the data

Bad luck Michael, I think we were just on the edge of some more stable air, but hopefully things will settle for you and even remain clear over the next week!

24 minutes ago, Stu said:

Great image Jake! John pointed me in this direction, it's really good to see an image to confirm the views I had. The festoons were very nice indeed!

Cheers Stu - it was one of those nights when it was possibly better for visual, I think the eye/brain is better at filtering out the fast wobbly seeing.    I did take a wider field shot with Io, Ganymede and Europa in frame which I'll take a look at later.   Callisto was a little too far out for the small cmos at these focal lengths

Archived