Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter 23/04/2017

rodrigol

Jupiter on the 23rd April, 2017. Io, Europe on the left and Callisto on the right of the planet. This as I continue to improve the collimation of the C11 Edge HD. Bob's Knobs are now in place, which help a lot! This is the result of a quick collimation after the installation of the knobs.

2017-04-23-2116_2_lapl4_ap224_conv_ps.jpg

Thats very nice - and collimation of an SCT isnt something I'd want to tackle!

Also looking at the info I see you have AS!3 - I thought that was a typo but looking it up I see theres a new version. How did you find it compared to v2?

V3 seems to simplify things. I personally think that AS!2 and AS!3 are close but one thing is noise reduction seem to be better in V3, though I'm not the one to tell ;-)

Below are new processing efforts with AS!3 and PI(!), which I decided to purchase as the effort to go via RS was too much for me and in no way is this a criticism of that software (just me being impatient!). This took me <2 minutes to clear out of the raw using Atrouswavelettransform, which is similar to wavelets processing in RS, SCNR and Unsharpmask.

2017-04-23-2116_2_lapl4_ap224_PI.thumb.jpg.f1a89bfa095730e1c8eb67d2adc64853.jpg

Go for it. Don't forget to play with the noise reduction. It makes a huge difference and can help you avoid using another piece of software that may either reduce data quantity and quality or worse, introduce unwanted artifacts.

The above is the full resolution image from the asi290. The detail is still blurry if you zoom in too much because the collimatio  is still not perfect and there are processing artifact. On a desktop computer screen it looks okish. But you are right, its small. 

Archived